Game Land
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Game Land

Come join! Talk about and play games! Make friends, we have an ssbb, mkwii, pokemon, and cod4 clan.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  PM (TEMP)PM (TEMP)  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 40 on Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:15 pm
Latest topics
» Beginners Forum: Introduce Yourself!
Possibly leaving... EmptySun Apr 14, 2013 12:50 am by pureownage

»  How do I get away from a hand?
Possibly leaving... EmptyThu Jul 12, 2012 3:12 pm by pureownage

» What is the best way to stake someone?
Possibly leaving... EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 5:05 am by Benjamin02

» Beginners Forum: Introduce Yourself!
Possibly leaving... EmptyThu Feb 09, 2012 5:04 am by Benjamin02

» Clan War?
Possibly leaving... EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 9:34 pm by Rayman 1110

»  Billy Mays
Possibly leaving... EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 2:01 am by sherlok11

» Activity
Possibly leaving... EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 10:43 pm by EmperorZen

» yo
Possibly leaving... EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 11:41 pm by Rai

» Hey
Possibly leaving... EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 8:48 am by Champ Slice

Possibly leaving...

Go down 
+5
pureownage
Fyro
Champ Slice
Shiki
JoeCool
9 posters
AuthorMessage
JoeCool

Possibly leaving... Empty
PostSubject: Possibly leaving...   Possibly leaving... EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 7:51 pm

hey all, I'm kind of tired of this site's inactivity..I try to suggest ideas but they just get shot down....I guess I'm just going to leave this site and start my own so I will actually be able to talk with people about brawl...the only reason I came to this site was to have some online friends who would play brawl online...everything and anything I say about revamping this site doesn't mean anything to anybody... this site isn't going anywhere if it stays like this...sorry champ, I like you and all but I just think you could use a little help with this site instead of trying to do it all on your own...unless this site changes even a little, I'm doing to hand in my "admin" and go elsewhere.. if changes don't happen, I'll still keep an eye on you guys Wink just not as much as I used to. hopefully not my last post-JC
Back to top Go down
Shiki
Keeper of the Peace
Keeper of the Peace
Shiki

PostSubject: Re: Possibly leaving...   Possibly leaving... EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 8:54 pm

i do hope you do not go, and i hope that this site will become more active. i know im not as active as i used to be, and im going to try harder to be more active, but sometimes i just forget to check in.
Back to top Go down
http://pohhclan.twilightlegend.net
Champ Slice
The Boss
The Boss
Champ Slice

PostSubject: Re: Possibly leaving...   Possibly leaving... EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 9:18 pm

JoeCool wrote:
hey all, I'm kind of tired of this site's inactivity.

Wait, this site is inactive? It seems more active lately. Everytime I log in there are new posts. If that isn't active then I don't know what is.

JoeCool wrote:
I try to suggest ideas but they just get shot down.

You suggested a revamp. I told you we already did a revamp, and aside from that you have suggested nothing.

JoeCool wrote:
I guess I'm just going to leave this site and start my own so I will actually be able to talk with people about brawl.

If that's really how you feel then see ya!

JoeCool wrote:
.the only reason I came to this site was to have some online friends who would play brawl online.

This site does have people who play brawl, not as much as last year. You didn't ask me if I wanted to play brawl earlier or today or yesterday when we spoke.

JoeCool wrote:
everything and anything I say about revamping this site doesn't mean anything to anybody.

Read above.

JoeCool wrote:
this site isn't going anywhere if it stays like this.

Dude, believe it or not we are doing soooooo much better than most other clans. If you don't believe me ask Shiki we had a discussion over this. Any clan you know of is more than likely dead. The chat is dead, the forum is dead, nobody even comes by to drop occasional messages. Every clan we have ever fought is dead.

JoeCool wrote:
sorry champ, I like you and all but I just think you could use a little help with this site instead of trying to do it all on your own.

Aside from the layout and playlist, I have done nothing on my own. Maybe you should do some research. I have made threads asking people for their opinions and usually I would get feedback that effected my decision.

Here's pretty much what goes on here at this site.

2l8 and I created this site

I (Champ) - Maintain the site, keep everything running try to make improvements when I feel the need.

2l8- Drops in whenever he wants, he created the site so I can't deactivate his admin.

Ender- Is admin through merger with SP. You know that. He is the GFX admin. And has done a great job.

Zen- Helps maintain peace. Of all the people here at this site, he is the one I would trust most to run a clan. I have known him before anybody else here.

JoeCool wrote:
unless this site changes even a little, I'm doing to hand in my "admin" and go elsewhere.. if changes don't happen, I'll still keep an eye on you guys Wink just not as much as I used to. hopefully not my last post-JC

I've already said everything needed to say. Everyone at this site is equal. So if you want to leave go ahead. I'm not trying to push you away. But, you can't come in here and demand change. Hopefully you decide to stay.
Back to top Go down
https://gameland.forumotion.net
JoeCool

PostSubject: Re: Possibly leaving...   Possibly leaving... EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 9:20 pm

I just don't understand, I make a post about revamping and suggestions and you lock it and throw it in the trash bin???? what the hay? that's what pissed me off..also I've told you many times that the colors are bad on this site, the layout isn't good, the name isn't great.. all could be changed
Back to top Go down
Champ Slice
The Boss
The Boss
Champ Slice

PostSubject: Re: Possibly leaving...   Possibly leaving... EmptyWed Jun 30, 2010 9:27 pm

JoeCool wrote:
I just don't understand, I make a post about revamping and suggestions and you lock it and throw it in the trash bin???? what the hay? that's what pissed me off.

Ok, your right I should have at least made a post about why it was locked. Sorry, for that I will apologize.

JoeCool wrote:
also I've told you many times that the colors are bad on this site, the layout isn't good, the name isn't great.. all could be changed

1. Colors, we changed the colors since you've been gone.

2. We changed the layout since you've been gone.

3. The name is going to stay because 2l8 and I aren't going to pay to change the name.

4. If there is something you want to change talk to me about it and we will see what could be done to change it. If you want activity then try to recruit for the site. Everytime I go to HOBO and find a scrub I tell him about GL.
Back to top Go down
Fyro
Someone Random
Someone Random

PostSubject: Re: Possibly leaving...   Possibly leaving... EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 2:47 am

Drama. Internet Drama. You can't change his opinion by saying things like "we DID change the colors while you were gone...", you gotta do something.
Back to top Go down
http://ssbb.8forum.net/index.htm
pureownage
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
pureownage

PostSubject: Re: Possibly leaving...   Possibly leaving... EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 11:31 am

i think you might be just a little bit pessimistic about this joe...
Back to top Go down
Zephron
Zephron

PostSubject: Re: Possibly leaving...   Possibly leaving... EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 4:02 pm

Meh, I personally think Joe is right, Brawl wise. You and Joe and I play brawl... Zen, Ender, Shiki, 2l8, and nearly everyone else doesn't really play it anymore.

You added that other clan that plays brawl but I never see them on here, occasionally on the chat but even that stopped.
Back to top Go down
Champ Slice
The Boss
The Boss
Champ Slice

PostSubject: Re: Possibly leaving...   Possibly leaving... EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 5:45 pm

Well, Zeph you never said anything about participating in clan action.

Lol @ Fyro, no there is no internet drama it's just a discussion. If I wanted internet drama we would bring in Adam and his 100 counterparts. LOL.
Back to top Go down
Ender
GFX Admin
GFX Admin
Ender

PostSubject: Re: Possibly leaving...   Possibly leaving... EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 7:30 pm

oh believe me I am still a brawl BEAST. I just 3 stocked a lv 9 Snake w/o taking any damage and have the 37 second replay to prove it.
lol

I just refuse to play online unless it is COMPLETELY (and I DO mean completely) lag free. My game revolves heavily around timing that is down to the frame, and it is hard to even do smash attacks in the lag I experience in all my online matches.

But I guess as long as the lag is less than .5 seconds, I'll play.

Oh yeah...the topic. Joe, do what you want, no reason to feel responsible for a clan you no longer feel joy in. Find a place that works for you, and if that means making a new clan, then so be it. I may stop by.
Back to top Go down
JoeCool

PostSubject: Re: Possibly leaving...   Possibly leaving... EmptyThu Jul 01, 2010 8:42 pm

Ender, you're a true friend Smile
Back to top Go down
EmperorZen
Co-Leader
Co-Leader
EmperorZen

PostSubject: Re: Possibly leaving...   Possibly leaving... EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 4:04 pm

@ Joe:

Um, if it helps, your "I'm leaving" post is causing a lot of activity.... And I think that's cool. At least it's activity, and you're actually speaking with somebody....

Anyways, the site is actually a lot more active than it was before the whole remodeling...

And did we really shoot down a suggestion of yours???? No offense or anything, I don't remember anything... can I fish it out of the bin or something?

Anyways, if you will start a new clan, then good luck with the advertising part. It's always hard to get new members, so how would you do it anyhow? If you didn't advertise here, then I don't see how you could advertise over there.... unless of course you didn't give two shits enough to advertise.

If you could somehow get it active, even though you didn't help this site get active much, then I'd totally stop by to say "hi".

EDIT:

Oh, I see it, your suggestion went into the History section... well, if you wanted to start a new look on the site, I think that parts already been taken care of.... and besides, we don't really need a new name or new look bro, we need more members. And to do that, we need advertising.... I'm kinda getting dizzy over all this remodeling stuff...
Back to top Go down
http://www.xbox.com
JoeCool

PostSubject: Re: Possibly leaving...   Possibly leaving... EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 10:14 pm

Oh Zen, you have much to learn.....you have it backwards...in order to get more members, you have to have an attractive site, that is key. You need one that jumps out, one that sparkles, one that...is just plain amazing. First off, this site is gameland...yes gameland, nothing cool, sounds like the game candyland on steriods..but anyway, this site isn't really that cool. Whenever I do tell people about it, they just look at the chat, and leave...If we had a cool site with different features, like an updated tier list in brawl, or a ranking system, people would show much more interest.....

Zeph and I have been working on a new forum (just as a test...noone freak out...) to see if we can get more members. We're going to have proper leadership, a good layout, and activities..anyway whenever it's up and running, I'll show you all.
Back to top Go down
EnemySnack
Pokemon General
Pokemon General

PostSubject: Re: Possibly leaving...   Possibly leaving... EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 10:38 pm

Except that this isn't a Brawl exclusive board. God damn it, every time somebody gets invited to the chat he's talking about Brawl.
I do agree that the Brawl board is inactive and has nothing updated but I'm not giving two shits about Brawl anymore, therefor I'm not doing anything for it; oh and I have no Admin powers, I don't know why.(not implying that i should be the only one who's taking care of the brawl forum, you're right. but owait aren't you an admin?)

I might buy the game to be actually more familiar with this forum seeing as most people still play it. Might as well invite some brawlpeople. Not really a fan of the game anymore seeing as I could count a fuckload of fighters that are better without a doubt.

I'm kinda bored of the Internet anyway so I should visit this forum more often. damn, am i lazy.
Back to top Go down
Champ Slice
The Boss
The Boss
Champ Slice

PostSubject: Re: Possibly leaving...   Possibly leaving... EmptyMon Jul 05, 2010 1:32 pm

Sorry, I've been out the last few days. I've been so sick, with food poisoning since thursday night. I could barely go to HOBO but I had to go in wheelchair cause I couldnt walk on crutches. I literally just woke up (3:27 pm).

Anyways, the site isn't brawl exclusive. I have been telling people about GL. And, Zen doesn't have it backwards, I have seen some really ugly looking sites with lots of members. Remember SNK or whatever it was? Angels of Darkness also had lots of members in the chat but no forum activity when it was alive. That clan looks shitty. But, yea. I feel better. So come tomorrow, I'll start advertising.

BTW I did much better at HOBO then I expected. Dunno what I placed but It was pretty good especially since I felt like shit.
Back to top Go down
EmperorZen
Co-Leader
Co-Leader
EmperorZen

PostSubject: Re: Possibly leaving...   Possibly leaving... EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 4:04 pm

@ Joe:

... I mean, our site doesn't look that bad... it's good enough to have members, we just need more advertising.

I don't think you spruced up site is gonna do any more better than this one if you have the same amount of effort being put into advertising (that is, little to none). In other words, looks of the site really don't matter, I think. It's the advertising. If you made yours all pretty, but you did as much for it as you did for this, I don't think it's gonna fly... and same for this site. If we made it any more pretty, I still don't think Gameland is gonna blast off...

EDIT:

Zeph is working on a new site with you? I mean, he barely did anything for this place besides posting once or twice every month, and now he has all the resolve to get started on some brand new bag altogether? Isn't any effort found worth putting into this place, or is something here just not favorable to Zeph here? Cuz I think it's kinda ludacrous if he barely stayed active here, but he's gonna make some entirely new site all the way over there...

@ Champ:

..... what's HOBO?
Back to top Go down
http://www.xbox.com
JoeCool

PostSubject: Re: Possibly leaving...   Possibly leaving... EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 6:37 pm

@Zen

Ok Zen, first of, I've known Zeph longer than any of you guys. He was like my first online friend. He's really cool, but why would he advertise this site? He's not really even a member of this site...just because you register, doesn't mean you have to post all day.amirite? anyway..if we actually had a cooler site, it would bring more people..I know we have to advertise more, but who wants to come here? anyway I think this place needs a makeover. But whatever, you'll see me and Zeph's site look better, and have more (active) members. I'll still be apart of this one, just I'm not going to advertise something I don't like. -JC
Back to top Go down
Champ Slice
The Boss
The Boss
Champ Slice

PostSubject: Re: Possibly leaving...   Possibly leaving... EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 9:25 pm

JoeCool wrote:
@Zen

but who wants to come here? anyway I think this place needs a makeover. But whatever, you'll see me and Zeph's site look better, and have more (active) members. I'll still be apart of this one, just I'm not going to advertise something I don't like. -JC

Dude, seriously what is with you people?

@Zen
I actually do advertise lol. It's not the best method but I do advertise for us.

@Joe
You barely get back and start being so pessimistic about things, yet I hardly ever see you online and the only time we've brawled is just today. And when I have seen you in the chat just recently you have yet to bring up your "New website" or other ideas for this site. You apparently like Zephron much better than everybody else if your gonna play the "Oh this guy was my first friend and is real cool" card.

This is turning into Angels of Darkness all over again. A guy who helps me and I help, and a guy who has helped this site more than anybody else that is, wants to leave say Game Land sucks and it is trash and old. Dude, I had so much respect for him, now he does nothing but talk shit? Is that gonna be you next? I know this is the internet, but I get real emotional about shit like this. I see everybody here as my brother and when he did that shit I cried. Joe if you don't like this site then get out. Same with Zephron. No reason to be here if you don't like it

This is my last post in this thread, I'll lock it after a while depending on the directions of the posts. But, I'm already butthurt from this. You want activity, wanna make a tier list. Don't get your way then say this site is ugly and leave? Fine be my guest.

Don't think I'm attacking you, because I'm not I want you to stay but half the things being said here.......

BTW guys I'm going blind, because I see so much shit on here that theres no way to believe.
Back to top Go down
Zephron
Zephron

PostSubject: Re: Possibly leaving...   Possibly leaving... EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 9:33 pm

Geez... my name sure is being tossed around a lot.

First of all, Champ and Zen, please don't expect me to post here a lot. I said that the minute I came back to you guys when I was asked on AiB. I've posted in a few topics, and have been on the chat a little.

Everything I told you guys I was going to do.

Secondly, JoeCool wanted me to make him a banner for his forum.

I'm good at photoshop, and I hardly say no to anyone, ever.
He's a good guy and I say sure I will help you with whatever.

Aesthetics are my thing. Why else do I like photoshop?
Why can't I help JoeCool?

What did I do wrong?
Back to top Go down
Shiki
Keeper of the Peace
Keeper of the Peace
Shiki

PostSubject: Re: Possibly leaving...   Possibly leaving... EmptyWed Jul 07, 2010 10:43 pm

Well, as i believe i have said in the past, i am staying with this place til it's end. I'm willing to try to be more active, but that cant really start until after i go to camp. A lot of my friends irl arent really into this type of thing, so i cant really advertise there, and i can try to advertise on the internet, but i dont really know how to start. I know i'm not the best gfx artist around here, but im also willing to help with any makeover, just ask, and if i can, i will do it.

basically, im willing to do anything to try to keep this place alive. Believe me when i say i'm dedicated to what i put my mind to, i've been trying for almost 2 years to bring back the first clan i was in. just ask, and i'll try my best to help.-Shiki
Back to top Go down
http://pohhclan.twilightlegend.net
JoeCool

PostSubject: Re: Possibly leaving...   Possibly leaving... EmptyThu Jul 08, 2010 11:43 am

Champ, I don' think I'm doing wrong here....I don't mean to get you mad, I just want to "help" this site. But the things we talk about, you just don't like. I mean I was one of the first to help you in this site. And when have I talked about my site to you??? What the? But anyway, I want to help this site, I TRIED to help this site. But I make adjustments, I come up with ideas, and what happends? nothing. Sorry I just don't understand, I've probably been the most loyal to this site than anyone else here...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Possibly leaving...   Possibly leaving... Empty

Back to top Go down

Possibly leaving...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Game Land :: Great Hall :: Mess Hall :: RPG's-
Jump to: